Meditation helps to calm the mind, body and spirit. As a plus, if you have the yard space go on out and lay flat on the ground. This helps with pain after thirty minutes or so. As a migraine sufferer this is one trick I learned early on thanks to my mom. Laying on the ground outside also helps align your spine reducing that back pain, reduce stress, corrects your posture and some say the earth helps the cleansing process of the body. When your bare feet or skin comes in contact with the earth, free electrons are taken up into the body. These electrons referred to as nature’s biggest antioxidants help neutralise damaging excess free radicals that can lead to inflammation and disease in the body.
Below we’ve listed some benefits of earthing
Improve Sleep and promote a deeper sleep
- Increase energy and vitality
- Lower stress and promote calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones
- Normalize the body’s biological rhythms
- Thin the blood and improve blood pressure and flow
- Relieve muscle tension and headaches
- Lessen hormonal and menstrual symptoms
- Dramatically speeds healing time and can help prevent bedsores
- Reduce or eliminate jet lag
- Protect the body against potentially health disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
- Accelerate recovery from intense athletic activity
Our connection to nature is vital, however, with rapid advances in technology and our modern fast-paced lifestyles, many of us have become separated from our basic bond with the Earth. today, we have become increasingly disconnected from nature by our modern lifestyle. Conductive leather-soled shoes of our ancestors have been replaced with insulated rubber and plastics. We sleep in beds and homes off the ground. Plastics, synthetic fabrics, asphalt, tar, carpets, vinyl have all been introduced and block this natural connection. To add to this we are also bathed in a sea of unnatural man-made electronic radiation from household appliances, mobile phones, wi-fi, microwaves and cell towers, which bombard us continuously with excess free radical damage to our tissues and cells. The Earth’s energy helps to knock these excess free radicals down so that your body can heal and repair naturally, as it is meant to. Therefore, to remain in good health, it is imperative that we re-connect with this natural energy daily to counteract the damaging effects of our modern lifestyle.